Saturday, September 1, 2012

Near Year Started 15 days ago...

I can’t believe how smoothly everything is going this year.  Sonlight is working like a charm.  I have finally found a flow that is working for our unique family.

 

Blue Grotto, Capri, Italy
My 8 year old and 7 year old are both using:
Sonlight B& C for History, Bible, Geography, Reading
NOEO Physics Level I for science
Discovering Great Artists
Piano Lessons for music
All About Spelling for Spelling
Rod & Staff for Grammar

My 8 year is doing well with Singapore Math so I am not switching.
My 7 year needed more review and lesson abstract thinking, so we switched to Saxon Math.

I took an unschooling approach to Health and Physical education.  As interests and topics arise, we discuss them, read about them, or try it out.

My little self proclaimed scientist joins in and observes NOEO Physics.  He also enjoys Sonlight Preschool Package for 3 year olds.  He loves sitting on my lap and listening to stories over and over again.  His favorite this week is caps for sale. 

The girls have loved listening to the Sonlight book selections.  They really enjoyed Red Sails to Capri.  They are now saving their allowance money to visit the Blue Grotto, in Capri. Currently they have $4.74 dedicated to the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment